— Carolina Maria de Jesus, Child of the Dark
I want a good writing job in a big city with my own apartment and not have to worry about homework or tests to study for or hastily-prepared presentations to give in other languages or staring down that annoying kid who actually asks the one stupid question they all swore didn’t exist but I think I’m really going to miss school.
1) Got an A- on a quiz I thought I bombed. (Suck it, Chatwin)
2) Saw Bill Clinton speak at a democrat rally.
1. Students who are worried are often very sweaty.
2. Even a room three times the size of a normal classroom can get hot and stinky.
3. Watching people take a test is much easier than taking the test myself.
5. I’m much bigger than nearly everyone in the younger generation. I could eat all them godzilla style.
6. I have a pretty good job.
I think the bookstore gods knew I didn’t spend more than $50 on books last quarter and are seeking vengeance.
I did the math and I’m going to be reading 2,019 pages (minus one book) just for my travel writing class next quarter. Should be interesting. Here’s the list incase you’re interested.
-In Patagonia by Bruce Chatwin
-Roughing It by Mark Twain
-The Places in Between by Rory Stweart
-My Kind of Place by Susan Orlean
-The Lady and the Monk by Pico Iyer
-A Moveable Feast by Ernest Hemingway
Potential eye candy in new classes.
and its many distractions!!!